A month ago Mark Cassidy took the initiative to start a Stack Exchange beta site. In doing so we got the community together and got them to commit to the cause. The community rose to the occasion was were quickly in beta. It was the fastest path to beta and other users were questioning how we got here. See the screenshot at the bottom of this post.
Stack Exchange is a perfect searchable platform for Sitecore Q & A. Even with other tools out there, we noticed fragmentation of Q & A on all the tools. We are hoping to centralize that.
What can you do to help?
Well for one, you need to get on to the beta site at http://sitecore.stackexchange.com/.
If you do not have a beta invite, get in touch with any of the prominent Sitecore guys on LinkedIn, Twitter or Slack and get an invite. You can also fill in this form.
If you are already on it, here is what we need:
- Ask Sitecore and Sitecore module related questions on Sitecore.StackExchange.com.
- Tag your questions with appropriate tags.
- Use the tags already on http://sitecore.stackexchange.com/tags or add new ones which you do not see.
- Comment, answer and up vote as necessary.
- Build your rep on the beta site, we need people with more than 200 rep
- Remember, even if you do not know the answer, you could point the person to the right direction by suggesting appropriate resource(s).
- If you have questions about the beta Stack Exchange site itself, post questions at http://meta.sitecore.stackexchange.com/
Lets put some effort and make this beta count. Lets show the strength of the Sitecore community.
We need to satisfy the following criteria to get out of beta.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch with me. (@akshaysura13 on twitter or on Slack).